A few months ago I wrote a post about an Easter Egg Hunt and I how I channelled my inner keen activity mum to deliver said hunt. Well, not only did she turn up late and was pretty rubbish, but she did not stick around either. LJ is nearly two and doesn’t attend nursery, I fear he may be missing out on vital activities to help develop the parts of his brain that aren’t about throwing balls and beeping when walking backwards.
It’s not that I don’t try as such, but here’s why I need to find her:
– I gave him uncooked red lentils to ‘feel’. He ate them
– He prefers cleaning the chalkboard to using the chalks
– I made him a shadow puppet theatre…a thing of beauty, it took me days. My friends in the arts loved it (totally showed off on Facebook about it) but LJ? Well he was 18 months at the time…could not have cared less
– He ‘paints’ a wall with a baby rattle and when I can’t find that, a spatula
– I took him to Hobbycraft yesterday. We came out with an A4 pad of white paper and a biro
– He has Playdoh. But he doesn’t like the feel of it very much and his ‘accessories’ include a plastic knife and a door key
– Baking? I’m not even going to dignify that with a response
So please, it’s getting serious…can you help me find my inner activity mum? Don’t think about me, think about my children. If you have any posts on toddler-appropriate craft activities or (dare I say it) cooking ones…please point me to them!